Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Diamond

Some people say "Diamonds are girls' best friends." In my case, Diamond is my best (feline) friend.




















Recently, I adopted a kitty from the Humane Society that I work for. People at the Humane Society named her Diamond, and I didn't bother to change it. As some of you might have seen in my video, she is a long-hair tuxedo female cat (black coat w/ some white fur in the middle).

























She was adopted twice previously. Unfortunately, she was returned both times because those owners complained that she was not properly potty trained. I remember when I first met her, she was such a timid kitty sitting in the back corner of her cage. Then the vet and the vet tech have decided to keep her in the clinic as a clinic kitty. She lived in a big cage w/ a female Siamese kitty. Diamond would sleep w/ her roommate in the same bed all the time. And the other kitty would knead on Diamond's belly. They were so adorable together.













Everytime I go to clean Diamond's cage, she would always come to me and purr non-stop. When an animal that has been hurt so many times before, and still go to you and give you love like there's no tomorrow, I could only love back. I wanted to adopt an animal for so long. However, my mom is not too fond of animals. So I just had to suck it up. BUT! Since I'll be going to vet school in the fall, I will be able to take a kitty with me to keep me company. There are many cute and pretty kitties in the Humane Society. Diamond isn't the most gorgeous cat, but it had to be her.
Few weeks ago, she had an urinary tract infection. I was so worried that her health is going to deteriorate from that point on. (I think she's ~2-3 yr old, but some people think she's ~5 yr old, and some people even think she's 10 yr old) But as soon as we gave her some antibiotics, she got so much better immediately.
She's so been so good w/ using litterbox since the first day she arrived at my house. She's very well-behaved and doesn't get into trouble. She meows, but you could bearly hear her little voice. In many ways, I think she's a lot like me. I'm a bit quiet and introverted around strangers. But once I know a person, I can be very outgoing and talkative. So far, she's just behaving like any kitty, eats a lot, poops a lot, and sleeps a lot. I just feel very fortunate that I adopted her, or so we say, she adopted me. =)

4 comments:

  1. That is a cute kitty! I'm glad you got her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a cute kitteh,I'm glad your both happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so touching, you are very kind and nice.
    :) I ve got a cat to myself and don't u just love
    when they purr to get attention.
    Diamond is very lucky to have you.
    I'm very happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I'm a new follower to your blog, and I am very impressed that you adopted a kitty! I also think it's very cool you work for a Humane society. Congratulations on going to vet school btw. I think it's very sad that she was returned multiple times and her previous owners were not prepared to be responsible pet owners. :( She is a gorgeous cat and I am happy she is pass her UTI (which is probably why she wasn't usually the litter box properly before?)

    Anyways, I'm def. a fan of you and your blog now! I adopted my own kitty, you can see a picture of him in my blog (in the first post) if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete