Monday, May 3, 2010

Doing something for a good cause, one search at a time...

I'm not sure how many of you know about this, but I accidentally came across a website called GoodSearch


GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!




I'm installing the toolbar as I'm typing down this blog entry right now, so not sure how good the search engine is.... (Update: it's powered by Yahoo), but you get to select for a organization you want to support and everytime you search in their search box, you are raising money for that organization. You can also search for online shopping coupoon codes and such. Everytime you do online shopping, a percentage of what you paid goes to the organization as well.





It's such a cool way to donate money to an organization without even realizing it. I search stuff on a regular basis.... like 489,20,290 times a day.... So why not do something good when I'm just doing my daily routine. So I just had to jump on the idea.






Guess who I'm donating to? The humane society that I used to work at!!!! I was so pleasantly surprised that they were on the list. So I'm totally rooting for any animal related non-profit organization!!!!



So check out that website and do something good while you search. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment